Advocacy Workshop + Congressional Meetings
Join LSSNCA and the UN Association of the National Capital Area (UNA-NCA) on Thursday, April 15th for a dynamic Advocacy Workshop.
From 1:00-2:30pm ET, experienced advocates and storytellers will offer a hands-on guide to preparing for a virtual Congressional meeting, maximizing your impact as an advocate, and driving successful policy change at the federal or municipal level.
This workshop is crafted for anyone interested in advancing human rights and sustainable development through partnerships with policymakers, whether or not you have any experience participating in Congressional advocacy.
Participants will receive a brand new Advocacy Action Guide with strategies for effective advocacy as well as a briefing on the latest updates in the landscape of refugee and migrant rights. The workshop will also include simulated meetings, where participants can practice putting these tips and tricks to use in a dynamic, friendly environment.
This is an ideal opportunity:
- If you have never participated in a virtual Congressional meeting and would like to join in asking legislators to support human rights and other critical pieces of legislation.
- If you are interested in connecting with fellow Advocates.
- If you are eager to deepen your understanding of the UN, the Sustainable Development Goals, and immigration policy
- If you are seeking to build confidence and technique as an advocate
- If you are a welcoming partner of LSSNCA.
Ready to take it one step further? Refugee Council USA (RCUSA) will be hosting Congressional meetings following our workshop. Find more details and information on how to register below.