About the Campaign
As we embark on celebrating a milestone 100 years of service to our community in 2017, our sights are firmly set on the future and strengthening our mission to walk with those in need. Through STRONGER TOGETHER, the Campaign for Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area, we will improve the quality of programs that support our neighbors.
Our goal with this $2.5 million comprehensive campaign is that LSS/NCA will become the “go-to” agency when communities and congregations are trying to address critical human needs and serve as a ringing voice for the marginalized and forgotten. STRONGER TOGETHER will:
- Work with congregations and communities to identify and fill service gaps;
- Build innovative programs that have documented impact;
- Recruit and retain excellent staff to help create stable client orientated relationships and positive life lasting effects.
- Increase the number of neighbors we serve, including expanding our foster care program by 50% and doubling the number of kids attending our Youth Haven Camp for children infected or affected by HIV;
- Establish a scholarship program for post-secondary and vocational schooling for refugee newcomers and children aging out of foster care.
- Invest in future sustainability with resources for capital needs and adequate reserves.
We Need Your Help
The time is now; the need is now! Because of our community’s past support, LSS/NCA has become one of the leading service providers in the Washington Metro Area. Demands for our services are increasing; not only are there more people in need, but LSS/NCA has been specifically asked to do more due to the results of our services. Strengthening and expanding our programs are essential so that through your support, we can continue changing the lives of neighbors through compassion and innovative programming.
Be part of something big. Join us and make our community STRONGER TOGETHER. It’s easy to GIVE now. Follow the stories and updates of how your gift is making a difference each and everyday on our Facebook page.
To learn more about our campaign, download our Stronger Together Case for Support found below or read why others have chosen to give. Contact Susan Haine at HaineS@lssnca.org if you have any questions about how you can get involved.